Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hooray! The first moths of the season...

Great, no more boring Peru pix! Is always nice to get off the mark, and especially so when the first macro that one pulls out of the trap is a garden tick - though one I've been expecting. With another warmish night predicted we'll see if something else drops in tonight. I should add that my back yard is not the greatest in the early (or any other come to that) part of the season.


This is a really fresh Distinct Quaker and was new for my garden. Is a fine-looking noctuid with rather nice lines and shading. It is on the wing for a month or so from mid April.


Another view of the Distinct Quaker.


This is a micro which I haven't had time to identify yet. It is a tortrix, most probably in the genus phaneta, or maybe eucosma. If I sort it out I'll edit this post with the name.